Monday, February 11, 2013

The Desert (2)



I still haven’t left my car.

I’m parked off the road, in the desert. The car’s stuck and I have no supplies. This laptop’s running low on batteries. I should conserve its energy.

The naked creature that came for me, the New Chupacabra, is standing on the threshold, right before the sand starts. It’s staring at me.

It expects me to choose something.Its patience tells me I'm choosing how I die. I'm too occupied with these little worlds of glass.

It just made me smash my mirrors. All of them. My knuckles are bloody, now. It wants to eat me. 

I can feel the certainty from its breathing and its gaze that it's wanted to eat me for a long time, and it waited until this search to lunge. And I feel so weak and tired and ready to be eaten.

But if I let it, I’ll never see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment